Friday, October 31, 2008

Al Franken and ice cream? Count me in!

Ug. Law school has me all sorts of busy so the blog has fallen to the wayside. In order to thwart that problem, I've decided to join National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). My sister does it every year, and it's just a blog sharing event where you have to post every day for the entire month of November. I encourage you to join, too, as it's pretty fun and forces you to think about things and write them down. Good, good times.

In other news, the most exciting show will soon be on Showtime. Written by Diablo Cody? Starring Toni Collette? Produced by Steven Spielberg? (Okay, he's not as exciting as the first two, but whatevs). It promises to be AWESOME. Too bad I don't have Showtime...

You know what's fun? The election. I try not to think about it that much, but let's be honest. It consumes my thoughts. I went to a Franken rally the other day, and ended up on MPR, a fact that I find way more exciting than need be. I'm still pretty worried Franken actually winning, but the more I hear from him (and talk to his awesome wife, Franni), the more excited I am about him as a candidate, and his dedication to the legacy of Paul Wellstone. Plus, Norm Coleman is just gross on so many levels that it's not difficult to rally against him.

I really think that the Dean Barkley component of the Senate race will end up helping Al, more than they're even counting on. You heard it here first: if Barkley gets more than 17% of the vote, Franken wins. Man, I hope I'm right.

In related voting news, I'm totally in favor of places offering free stuff for voters. Both Krispy Kreme and Ben and Jerry's are offering free goodness, and although I don't think I'll be able to find a store for either, I like the idea of rewarding people for the civic duty. I mean, if there are people that don't really care about voting, but really love ice cream and doughnuts, why not push them over the voting edge by giving it free?

Okay. Prepare to live because this witty repartee will be continuing every single day for the next month. You're welcome!

2 comments:

Shazza said...

Hello - found your blog through NaBloPoMo. Looking forward to what you have to say through the election!

Unknown said...

good, I've been missing your blog.


(and you)