Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm like a lawyer with the way I'm always trying to get you off

And so it begins.

Today is my first day not working at Financial Aid; it is my first day attempting to do law school activities. I'm convinced that those around me are more nervous about it than me, but that may just be my 24 year old naiveté. Or denial.

I'm beginning to think its the latter.

So, I'm sitting in Kopplin's Coffee Shop which, by the way, everyone should visit because its the best coffee in the city by far. Seroiusly. I'd go as far as to offer you reimbursement for your mocha if you get it here and don't like it. I can't tell you why its so much better, exactly, but holy shit. Its worth the trip even if you live in Maple Grove.

Anyways, I'm about to start my orientation homework, which is sort of funny to think about but logical if you understand that during my 4 days of orientation, there is a Legal Methods class.

That's right, class during orientation.

I'm actually really excited about it all. I haven't been without a job since I was 18 years old, which is scary as fuck, but its an amazing opportunity to be able to focus solely on school. I don't feel like I've ever really given anything 100% (personal relationships excluded, I suppose) so I'm pumped to see what I'll be like at full throttle.

Everyone I've talked to that's been in law school has said that the thing they hate about it (or one of the things, depending on who you ask) is how competitive everyone is.

This makes me chuckle.

I am one competitive MFer. I don't care if its hopscotch we're playing, I want to beat you and I want it to be a decided victory. I honestly don't know if this will be a help or hinderance, but I know that its something that isn't gonna change so I might as well go with it.

So, yeah. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Wish me luck.

No comments: