Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The life I love is makin' music with my friends

I can't control my excitement any longer.

In t-minus 28 hours, we will be on the road, destined for things unknown and a little town I like to call CHICAGO.

Why, you ask? Well apparently you live UNDER a rock because if you lived TO rock you would know that this weekend is Lollapalooza. For three glorious days, hundreds of bands with tantalize my ear drums and my senses will be shaken with all that is fantastic and wonderful.

Jealous?

You should be.

See, Wanda told me that her and Mucha were going to Lolla a long time ago. I was mildly interested. Then, the day the bands were announced, I got the best email in a long time:

"you must go see who is playing lollapalooza".

And I did.

Ben Harper.
Pearl Jam
Regina Spektor.
G. Love.
About a hundred more fucking amazing musicians.

But seriously, anyone who thought I was going to pass up the chance to see Ben Harper and Pearl Jam headline a festival obviously don't know me in the least. Its as though the acts were specifically designed for my personal taste, and I couldn't snub the music gods by missing out.

Making the trip even more glorious is the team we've compiled to go. In addition to the dashing Kari, Kato, Snooby, Wanda and Mucha will all be making this trip. Me, Kari, Kato and Snoobs leave tomorrow right after work. In my parents' car. Which is way nicer than our car.

I'm sure this is all coming across as somewhat boring or commonplace, but I assure you that if you could just understand the excitement welling inside me, you couldn't help but feel it, too. Not to mention that its like the last hurrah before law school, so I plan to make the most of it.

Fuck yeah.

No comments: