Friday, May 23, 2008

I said what you wanted to hear

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to just get up and go to the coffee shop real early like. When I walked in, Ben Folds Five was playing on the radio, a really old song from their first album, and any feelings of regret for leaving my warm bed so early immediately evaporated.

I'm currently listening to Pandora (what's new?) while the Attack of the Cretin Derham Hall kids occurs at the counter. I know its asshole-y of me, but high school students, on the whole, drive me nuts. Okay, that's not true. Rich, pretentious, 17-18 year olds on their cell phones drive me nuts. Like, honestly? Do you think I want to hear about your sexual encounter from last night? Because that's what I'm listening to right now. And it's been going on for the last 35 minutes. At first, I'll admit, it was a little interesting to hear about how third base worked out for you. But at this point, it's just awkward for everyone.

In other news, I wish I was going to Chicago this weekend. Kari and I tried to figure out a way to get to Kato's going away shindig, but my lack of employment made such a trip fairly irresponsible. Dammit, though, because I love Chicago, I love Kato, and I love Kato's family. Stupid jobless summer...

I'm supposed to be reading endless amounts of documents right now for an imaginary homework assignment that I've more or less assigned to myself. Alas, such responsibility is difficult when there's poker to be played and blogs to be written. In a related side note, big ups to Mucha for lending me her computer while mine is at Dad's Fix-it Shop. No computer = crazy Karly. Plus, theoretically, people with jobs contact me through here, so I don't like to be away for too long.

I should probably go check for my grades for the 20th neurotic time today. Super way to pass the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

plus gas prices are sticks up our asses. Thanks for the effort. It really means a lot.

Good luck with the internship/job-ness this summer. Hopefully you get a bit of a break. Miss you!